5 Day Bell Gorge Encounter AGKBG5
Experience some of the Kimberley region’s most breathtaking natural wonders in just five days. Visit spectacular sights such as Windjana Gorge, Western Australia’s biggest cave system at Tunnel Creek, and Bell Gorge.
- Experiences in 6 destinations
- Locally-inspired dining – a total of 11 meals
- The services of an expert APT driver-guide
- Stay at APT’s exclusive Bell Gorge Wilderness Lodge
Prices & Dates
1 Arrive Broome
Arrive in Broome, where we’ll meet and transfer you to your hotel. Settle in and enjoy the evening at leisure, enjoying the spectacle of a famed Broome sunset.
2 Gibb River Road, Windjana Gorge, Tunnel Creek
Leave Broome along the Gibb River Road to Windjana Gorge, where ancient marine fossils lay embedded in the gorge walls. Then continue to Tunnel Creek, Western Australia’s oldest cave system. Wade through the cool waters that fill the tunnel and emerge on the other side to discover a serene oasis.
3 Bell Gorge
Back on the Gibb River Road, travel to Bell Gorge, where stunning cliffs surround a series of tiered waterholes. You might like to hike to the lower pool of the gorge and enjoy a dip in the waterfall below. Alternatively, relax in the shade and enjoy a spot of birdwatching.
4 Wunaamin Miliwundi Ranges, Derby, Broome
Travel through the rugged Wunaamin Miliwundi Ranges to an art centre for a visit. Before returning to Broome, stop off at the Boab Prison Tree, believed to be more than 1,500 years old and measuring 14 metres in diameter. This remarkable tree was once used by early police patrols as a standing point for prisoners as they were walked to Derby. Today, the hollow tree is a registered Aboriginal site of great cultural significance. On your return to Broome, enjoy a farewell dinner this evening.
5 Depart Broome
After breakfast this morning, you will be transferred to Broome Airport for your onward flight.
- First Day – Flights to arrive by mid afternoon.
- Last Day – Flights are recommended to depart after breakfast.
Climate Winter in the tropical north is the dry season and temperatures will be mild with low humidity. Through the months of September and October, the temperatures become increasingly warmer.
Fitness to Travel A good level of fitness and health is required to participate on holiday packages. In some destinations there are extensive sightseeing excursions by foot which includes the climbing of stairs and walking on uneven surfaces. Mobility is needed boarding or alighting coaches and trains. We recommend a visit to the doctor before travelling to overseas destinations and consulting with them regarding any vaccinations which may be required. It is your responsibility to advise operators of any pre-existing medical conditions that may affect the normal conduct of a holiday package and the enjoyment of other passengers. A Health, Fitness & Mobility Questionnaire will be provided and requested to be completed at the time of booking if you advise of any health, fitness or mobility issues. The operator is not liable for any injury, illness, or loss of enjoyment which could have been reasonably prevented had we been made aware of a pre-existing condition and been provided an opportunity to review it. We will not be responsible for any costs associated with cancellation penalties or the return of passengers from a tour, and a refund for lost touring cannot be claimed.
Single Travellers A limited number of single rooms may be available at time of booking. Single rooms may be smaller than twin or double bedded rooms and may have a single bed. Single supplements apply
Children under 12 years are not recommended to participate on a coach tour. Children under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.
Extras Airfares (unless stated), airport taxes, laundry, food not on the regular table d’hôte menu, drinks may or may not be included as indicated in your itinerary, excess baggage, Wi-Fi (unless stated), fuel surcharges and optional excursions not specified in the itinerary. Extra overnight accommodation is not included at the start or end of the tour if not specified in the itinerary. Airport Transfers Airport transfers are included on the first and last day of the tour as indicated by the itinerary or when booking pre or post tour accommodation with your tour.
Luggage Limits Land touring is conducted in 4WD vehicles with limited luggage capacity. Each passenger is requested to limit their luggage to one small/medium soft bag or suitcase weighing no more than 16kg (35 lb approx) and with dimensions of no more than 66cm length x 35cm width x 32cm height. Cameras, make-up bags etc should be carried separately. Should you have excess luggage, it is your responsibility to organise for this to be forwarded to your final destination.
Clothing and What to Bring Clothing and footwear should be casual, comfortable and suited to tropical conditions.
- Clothing – shorts, trousers, shirts, swimwear, hat, sunglasses, a jacket and a change of warm clothes in case of inclement weather are advisable.
- Footwear – some form of fast-drying wet-shoe would prove useful.
- Personal – sun protection, insect repellent, medications, toiletries, (overseas travellers should bring a suitable adapter). Don’t forget to bring your video or camera along with plenty of film & spare batteries (recharge facilities are available).
- Money and/or credit card for personal expenses such as drinks, souvenirs and optional extras.
Transfers Airport transfers are included on the first and last day of the holiday package at designated times. No refund will be given for unused transfers. Transfers cannot be re-routed to other pick-up points or destinations. Passengers who miss the pre-booked transfers must make their own way to/from the hotel at their own expense. A group transfer is generally a shared transfer and the type of vehicle used will normally be dependent upon the size of the group.
Smoking Government regulations forbid smoking in tourist coaches, however frequent stops are made for those wishing to smoke. Smoking is not permitted in hotel rooms. Requests for smoking/non-smoking rooms will be passed on to hotels but cannot be guaranteed.
Travel Insurance Travel Insurance is not included in your holiday package. For your protection, you are required to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes (without limitation) coverage for the full cost of your holiday package, medical expenses, loss of luggage, land content and airfare charges that may occur due to cancellation, impossibility of performance or other frustration, disruption, loss of deposit or strikes.
Seat Allocation on Land Touring To ensure all passengers enjoy forward and window facing seats, on longer tours a daily seat rotation system may apply at the discretion of the tour director/driver-guide. We do not warrant that the seat rotation will be adjusted to suit personal preference.
Disruption to Itinerary Arrangements Itineraries are intended as a guide only and are subject to alteration without notice. Alterations may be necessary for various reasons including, without limitation, road or weather conditions, strikes or other reasons beyond reasonable control. If conditions render any routes unsafe for navigation, the operator reserves the right to provide alternative services including but not limited to accommodation. Under normal conditions, itineraries will operate as far as possible as detailed in this publication. However, sometimes for reasons beyond our control, it may be necessary to make alterations to your itinerary. For example, it may be necessary to operate part of the itinerary by coach and alternative sightseeing may be included. Operators will not be liable for any direct or indirect costs that you incur as a result of any event or other factor beyond our control which necessitates a change in your itinerary. Operators cannot guarantee exact arrival and departure times for carriers and operators used will not be liable for failure to make connections with any other services or attractions beyond its control.
Noise and Vibration Reasonable steps are taken to minimise noise and vibration on cruise vessels. You acknowledge and accept that some noise and vibration may be experienced on vessels and that operator is not liable to you for any such noise and vibration.
Passengers Needing Special Assistance We welcomes passengers with disabilities or special needs however, please note the following:
1. Any disability or medical condition requiring special attention must be reported to the operator at the time of booking including all important information relating to your health, mobility and fitness which may affect your partial or total participation in the cruise or tour. This information is also crucial to allow the operator to ensure the tour you have chosen is suitable and meets your needs. Any changes to health, mobility and fitness must also be reported to the operator as soon as possible and prior to departure. Where possible the operator will make reasonable adjustments to the tour to accommodate your special needs however, it cannot do so if the adjustment required would be unreasonable in all of the circumstances, including if such adjustments would affect your safety and/or the safety and/or enjoyment of other passengers.
2. If you require special assistance or care (such as pushing a wheelchair, assistance with dressing or assistance with walking or hearing emergency alarms unaided), you must travel with a companion capable of providing the required assistance or care. Please be aware that the operator does not provide personal assistance. The operator is unable to assist any passenger with walking, dining, boarding or disembarking any transportation vehicles (including river and ocean cruise ships and trains). To safely participate in embarkation and disembarkation you must be able to do so without the need for special assistance. You must also be able to do so without unreasonably impacting other passengers’ safety and/or enjoyment.
3. While the operator will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of disabled passengers, it is not responsible for any denial of services by any third party entities it has travel arrangements with, such as carriers, hotels, trains, restaurants or other independent suppliers, or for any additional associated expenses charges by those parties.
4. Please note coaches and minibuses are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. Most river and ocean ships have elevators, however not all the operator ships have elevators. Many ships require the use of stairs to go between decks. Further, side by side docking may require passengers to climb and descent stairs to cross over vessels to disembark and embark at times. The operator ships often sail through remote areas that do not have convenient docking facilities. In such circumstances it will be necessary for passengers to negotiate temporary gangplanks and uneven surfaces. If the crew decide that it is not safe for a passenger to negotiate such operations they may require passengers to stay on board. Cabin doors and restrooms may not be wide enough to allow access by standard wheelchairs. Wheelchairs and walkers cannot be carried on coaches, due to space limitations. For safety reasons, passengers in wheelchairs cannot be carried on ramps in ports where the river or ocean cruise ship is at anchor. The operator is unable to provide individual assistance to any passenger for walking, dining, disembarking or embarking cruise ships and/or coaches or other transportation vehicles or other personal needs.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Be aware that some confirmed bookings are not refundable if cancelled, and also may not be transferable to another date or otherwise changed. Alternatively, a change may only be permissible subject to payment of an additional fee or charge. Your entitlement to a refund for cancelled bookings is subject to the relevant Supplier’s terms and conditions. Please note that if we are entitled to a service fee for placing a booking, we will remain entitled to this fee if you cancel the booking or the Supplier fails to provide you with the Product for any reason (other than our default), including in an event of Force Majeure. We will be entitled to deduct our service fee from any refund we receive on your behalf before remitting the balance to you. Suppliers’ fees are outlined in their relevant terms and conditions.
Supplier Terms and Conditions Summary:
- 100 days or more prior to departure will incur a loss of deposit.
- 99-61 days prior to departure will incur a fee of 50% of holiday package price.
- 60 days or less prior to departure will incur a fee of 100% holiday package price.
Changes to the Itinerary Not all attractions, excursions and/or optional tours are provided by the tour operator. Accordingly, tour operators may, where it is required to do so, suspend or cancel any tour inclusion where that tour inclusion is not available or in the opinion of tour operators, unadvisable, unsafe or unsuitable. During local or national holidays, certain facilities such as museums and restaurants, sightseeing tours and shopping may be limited or not available. Tour operators reserves the right to alter or change the accommodation, carriers or vessels at any time for any reason; and cancel or alter the itinerary and/or tour at any time without notice as Outback Aussie Tours considers necessary for any reason whatsoever including road, weather or traffic conditions, non-performance of suppliers, industrial action, operational conditions and requirements.
Are there concession discounts?Pensioners (Australia or New Zealand) and Seniors Card holders (Australia) save with our concession discounts on selected tours. Ask our friendly team which tours you can get a discount on.
Are your tours suitable for pensioners aged 76 and 84 ?
Yes, Kimberley Tours have a wide range of passengers from children to adult who are 90 years of age. You need to read the itinerary and review the fitness levels required prior to deciding if the tours is suitable. Each tour is different.
Do you have any tours on offer during November, December, January or February?
The Kimberley region offer tours from May through to September generally, but there are always unique offerings outside of these dates. However you can visit different locations such as Perth, Central Australia or the Wildflowers and Margaret River at different times of the year. As one of our help Travel Advisors to help you find something that suits your interests, budget and the dates you would like to travel.
Is accommodation the night after the tour ends included in the price ?
No, this accommodation will be an cost extra, but we can assist you to book this at great rates and we will ensure you are staying at either the same accommodation of somewhere near by.
Is accommodation the night prior to the tour departure included in the price ?No, accommodation at the start of end of your tour is an additional costs unless specifically listed in the itinerary.
Where is the meeting point for the start of tours ?Generally, tours will start at the hotel listed as the pre tour accommodation options. This will be listed in yore final travel documents.
Do I need to arrive before Day 1 of my tour ?
Please refer to your specific tour, in most cases you will need to arrive the night before your tour departs. Please check flight details listed for each individual tour. If this is the case we can arrange pre tour accommodation on your behalf, this will be an extra cost.
Day tours or Short Breaks may start later in the day on Day 1 so you can arrive that morning which will avoid the extra nights accommodation cost. We can help you plan some extra activities pre or post tour to extend you holiday and make the most of your trip.
How do you calculate the number of days for Kimberley tours ?If you are doing a 4 day tour commencing on April 8th, the first day of the tour is and includes the 8th, plus 9th, plus 10th plus 11th and the tour ends on April 11. This would be 3 nights and 4 days on tour.
Do your tours operate over Christmas and New Year?There are generally not as many extended tours in the Top End or Broome Region. There may be day trips or short breaks for the holiday season. Explore Perth or Central Australia.
Are airfares from my home town included in the cost of the tours ?Airfares to and from Northern Territory or Western Australia at the start and finish of your tours are extra.
Payment OptionsCredit Card Customer Payment Link enter this link into your browser: pay.travelpay.com.au/AUSTC
If paying via the Customer Payment Link, please ensure you complete all fields and ensure you enter the correct Trip Reference Number, so we can identify your payment.
Credit card surcharges will apply when paying by credit card. We accept all credit cards and relevant credit card fee is applied when processing: Mastercard – 1.30%, Visa – 1.50%, American Express – 2.20%, Diners Card – 2.75%, International Credit Cards – 3.25%
Direct Deposit payments take up to 3 business days to process. Please notify your consultant of your payment once it has been processed.
Commonwealth Bank – Australian Tours and Cruises
Reference: Trip Number
BSB: 062-504 Account: 1066 1268
International Direct Deposit: Add $25 for bank fees
SWIFT or BIC CODE: CTBAAU2S
Should I buy travel insurance?Travel Insurance
It is HIGHLY recommended that passengers take out travel insurance. As a valued customer we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to purchase discounted travel insurance. Travel Insurance Quote with CoverMore.